Social Investment Scotland want you to know....
- We remain open for business. The SIS team have been successfully working from home for the last month or so. We are in contact with our customers, investors and stakeholders and are as close to full operations as can be reasonably expected.
- We have money available to invest. As always, we have access to millions of pounds of capital to support social enterprises, charities and community groups across Scotland. This will not change as a result of the current situation. In addition to our regular funds, we have worked closely and quickly with Scottish Government to design, develop and launch a £5 million loan fund, at 0% interest, as part of the Third Sector Resilience Fund. This fund has now approved loans totaling over £1.2 million to organisations across Scotland.
- We can be flexible with your loan repayments. Social investment is a flexible form of finance and we have been working with all existing customers to review, reschedule and adjust existing loans in line with current challenges.
- We will continue to work in partnership. We are now working with a whole range of partners, some of whom we did not know five weeks ago. As ever, if you need help with something, then please ask us.
- SIS is more than just the money. Over the last month, we have completely reviewed and refined our business support activity to align it with the needs of our communities. Our range of webinars and online support have provided up-to-date information and inspiration to hundreds of social enterprises so far. For more information, see our new Learning Hub here.
- We are looking towards a new normal. We are already considering how, when the time is right, we might best invest and support our charities, community organisations and social enterprises get back back on their feet with appropriate support and advice.