Covid-19: Specific Groups
CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND FAMILIES:
EASY READ VERSIONS FROM THE NHS:
- All Our Children, Argyll and Bute’s Children Third Sector Partnership, has opened up their Facebook page for sharing information and support. It is here: https://www.facebook.com/argyllaceshub/
- Parent Club has put together some useful information on how to protect yourself and others, advice on how to cope with staying at home, and tips on talking to the kids about the virus: https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/health/coronavirus?age=0
- The Argyll & Bute Council have information for young people who feel unsafe here: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/news/2020/mar/help-young-people-who-feel-unsafe
- Youth Scotland’s Action Fund has been established to help youth groups and youth workers meet the needs of young people in response to the Covid-19 Coronavirus. It is a Micro Grant fund that is being supported by The STV Children's Appeal and The Robertson Trust. The maximum amount available per application is £500. Find out more here - https://youthscotland.org.uk/programmes/youth-scotland-action-fund
- Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs (SFAD) has a helpline; info is here: https://www.sfad.org.uk/
- During the current health crisis Buttle UK is focusing their Chances for Children grants on: Maintaining educational activity and stimulus within the home environment; establishing and or maintaining internet access and electronic communications; and household essentials. More info here: https://www.buttleuk.org/areas-of-focus/buttle-uks-covid-19-response-editorial and here: https://www.buttleuk.org/need-support
- Families unable to access food as a result of the coronavirus outbreak will get support from local authorities with £30 million of new investment from the Scottish Government Food Fund <https://socialfirms.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7b22dc21972448958ad6bede&id=7d26c3df0e&e=56a044f011> . The funding will support those most in need including families with children who are eligible for free school meals, older people, those with long-term health conditions and pregnant women, and will be distributed by COSLA.
- The Scottish Government has published clinical guidance for nursing home and residential care residents, which can be found here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-clinical-guidance-for-nursing-home-and-residential-care-residents/
- Age Scotland has posted information specifically geared towards older people here: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/scotland/information-advice/health-and-wellbeing/coronavirus/
- Age Scotland is also scaling up their helpline to respond to the coronovirus, including offering advice, friendship, reassurance and information. More info here: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/scotland/what-we-do/tackling-loneliness/age-scotland-helpline/
- Government framework to support traveller / gypsy communities: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-supporting-gypsy-traveller-communities/
- A Facebook page has been set up for the Gypsy/Traveller community with information about COVID-19: https://www.facebook.com/GypsyTravellers-ScotlandCoronavirus-information-100442048272006/
- Doctors of the World, working with the Red Cross, have COVID-19 advice for patients, based on the UK government's guidance, translated into dozens of languages. This may be especially helpful for those working with asylum seeker and migrant communities: https://drive.google.com/open?id=193qQN9l04Dvf0N9L5zeWTiXK_DRbrAxg
- Translated posters from the NHS can be downloaded here, if you scroll down to the "Coronavirus (COVID-19) communication toolkit" section: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-professionals
- Access to language translation is available through Argyll and Bute Council’s website https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk. It can be accessed in the "Contact us" block on the right hand side of the website.
- The Argyll & Bute Council's Caring for People helpline can be used by British Sign Language users through contactSCOTLAND-BSL. https://contactscotland-bsl.org/24-7-365/.
- Access to a browsealoud function for visually impaired is available through Argyll and Bute Council’s website https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk. It can be accessed in the "Contact us" block on the right hand side of the website.
- The NHS has released this information about COVID-19 in British Sign Language: https://www.nhsinform.scot/translations/languages/british-sign-language-bsl/illnesses-and-conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
EASY READ VERSIONS FROM THE NHS: